Friday, August 21, 2009

Just Thinking

It's late, 12:15am to be exact. I sit here at my computer looking at Facebook, checking my Google reader, catching up on the latest news on the Drudge Report and getting sleepy, yet I don't go to bed. I open up my photo files to upload pictures of Randy's new truck to my Facebook page and come across a photo I took of our dear friends, Randy and Heather when we braved the blizzard of 2008 to see Dave Ramsey. Little did I know that night what would happen the summer of 2009. It has been a hard summer for we have lost one of our dearest friends. Tears still flow 6 weeks later when I think of him, when I think of my friend Heather who has lost her best friend. She has been amazingly strong and I don't know if I could be that strong if I were in her shoes. There isn't a day and sometimes it seems like a minute that goes by when I don't think about what happened, when I don't think about my friend that is hurting, when I don't think about the smile on Randy's face or the twinkle in his eye. Life is very strange. I can drive myself crazy trying to figure it out but this one thing I know, God is good. He's never failed me and I have to trust in that and in Him. He knew back in 2008 what would happen. He was preparing the way and helping Randy to get things in order. Sometimes I wonder why it was Randy, why wasn't it my Randy or even me? It could have been me or even you. Are you ready? Have I done all I need to do to be ready for that day? Have you? God help me to live each day ready! I sure want to see Randy again and with God's help I will.

Randy, we miss you and we will meet you in heaven. Look for us at Jesus' feet!

~Nate's Mom

2 comments:

Tamra said...

I can't sleep and am missing Randy too!

Heather said...

I love you Michele.You guys are the best of friends! Thanks for posting this even if you did make me cry again. 8o) I loved the pictures. It brought back wonderful memories of a great weekend with you guys.