Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

If you know me you know I'm the furthest thing from a decorator. You have probably noticed the bare walls screaming out at you in the pictures I post here. This is one of my New Years resolutions, DECORATE! I love pretty things but somewhere down the line the interior design gene skipped right past me! So please keep that in mind when I show you our Christmas tree. I love our tree, it may not make the cut for Better Homes and Gardens but it's ours and it has memories that I am going to share with you today. I can tell you where every ornament came from and I love unpacking them and remembering days gone by as Nate and I hang them on the tree. I hope you enjoy my little trip down memory lane.



Our Motorcycle Trip to South Dakota

A souvenir from my in-laws' trip to San Diego

One of many snowflakes handmade by my great grandma

A snowflake Nate made in Homeschool Art Class

One of the many cinnamon ornaments Nate and I made one year
2008 family vacation souvenir from P. Graham Dunn

House warming present from a neighbor

Sand Dollar purchased in Cocoa Beach Florida on one of our first trips to the beach

A tribute to Zoe from my mother-in-law

A sweet gift from one of my Sunday School Students, Lauryn

17 Christmases ago

Nate made this in Children's Church one year

From our Thanksgiving Trip to the Outer Banks and Kitty hawk

A wedding present

Nate 1st Christmas from my mom

This little guy has been with me for probably 30 years. My grandmother's friend made them for our tree when we were little. I love him!

A lady I cleaned for gave me this star in 2001, her son was in the military at the time, may we never forget!

The front of the star
Some of my favorite ornaments. My mom's friend had an open house with all her hand made floral arrangements and hand painted ornaments. I bought these 3 there. The year is on their scarves, I believe it says 1998! Notice the little brown motorcycle on the bottom right of the picture. Nate must have put that on there. He found it in a box of Randy's childhood memories when my in laws were moving last year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
~Nate's Mom







2 comments:

Gayle said...

Thats Great! You did get a gene that I don't have and that is saving things. :)

Your Penn Palz : said...

thanks for sharing your pix... sure would love to see all those 'memories' in person! (maybe we'll get to someday!)
can't wait to see ya'll next week... YAY!
trust you're having a FABULOUS holiday season, thus far! XO