Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mondays With Mom - Back to "Buzyness"

Happy New Year, Merry Christmas and now it's back to life as usual. The tree and decorations have all been put away. The new gifts have found homes in new places and the daily grind of school and housework begins today. We had a nice holiday season, but I'm ready to shake the sickness, get rid of the cabin fever and get back to normal. I've enjoyed reading about all your Christmas celebrations and viewing all the pictures. I haven't felt like posting anything lately and maybe I'll get the pictures up someday. Sickness is a strange thing. It grabs a hold of you and takes you right down to the place where the devil can bring discouragement and despair. After fighting the flu, colds and general yuckiness for a month, I have new respect for people that live with chronic illness and will be remembering them in my prayers more often. Due to this sickness, I've missed church for the past 2 weeks. It was so good to get back and be refreshed by the singing, encouraged by corporate prayer, uplifted by the pastor's message, and enjoying time with friends.

In 2008 I want to draw closer to God, be a better wife, mother and friend. Exercise more. Well I can't really say more. Exercise would be the more honest way of putting it. Anything would be more when nothing is what is happening now! I also want to start sticking to somewhat of a schedule. It is very easy with one child to just let things happen as they will and we need to brake that habit around here. Just being real with ya people. I hope you will share some of your goals for the year in the comment section. May yours truly be blessed!

~Nate's Mom
Coming next week or sooner: Goodbye old friend, you will be missed......

2 comments:

Gayle said...

Welcome back Mondays with Mom I have missed you. I relize since Nate is sooooooooooo buzy that he can't blog anymore I really look forward to Mondays with Mom:) Glad you are feeling better
Love ya bunches!
Mom

Heather said...

Glad your back! I sat down today and realized I hadn't posted since Dec.19th. I missed you yesterday. The first day your back and i am not there. I cant wait till we get to Heaven and there will be no more sickness! I hate being sick and I hate when my kids are sick! I hope you are over it for a long time!!