Monday, September 17, 2007

Mondays With Mom - Live Like No One Else

Happy Monday everyone! Before I get to Dave I must say, God is still good! His presence was in our services yesterday and I hope you felt Him wherever you were. I love when God sends the Holy Spirit to move in and out of the pews, encouraging the believers and giving hope for the week ahead. No matter what comes today or tomorrow, I don't have to worry, because He will be there to get me through! AMEN!

Dave was AWESOME! We got to the event early and had great seats! As good as you can get without paying the extra for the VIP seats. Since we are still working on the "Baby Steps" VIP seats weren't in the budget. :o) We had our church Pancake Supper last night. While sitting around chatting with friends, a fellow "Dave Listener" said that Dave was like a "Money Preacher" and that is exactly right! He gives you hope for the future using Biblical principles regarding money. I came away from this event encouraged, energized and with a renewed drive to get out of debt. My sweet husband went to see Dave, for me. The first thing Dave said was, "Some of you don't want to be here and if you hear 'Dave says' one more time you are going to hurt someone." My hubby shouted, "YEAH!", because that was him in a nutshell. He started off the night, slumped back in his seat with his arms crossed and by the end of the night he was leaning forward, elbows on his knees, chin in his hands, captivated by Dave's every word! He loved it so much that we are attending the event in Indianapolis and both of our parents are going with us! Now how is that for a commercial. If you ever have a chance to go to the Total Money Makeover Live! event you should. It will change the way you think! On a sad note, I was only able to get 2 pictures! This household has battery issues!

Getting "Gazelle Intense"(Prov. 6:4-5),

~Nate's Mom




2 comments:

Gayle said...

Can't wait to go!
Love,
Mom

Lavy Country said...

You're keeping me on the path! GRRRRRRRRH! Delayed gratification is painful. Great post.
Love ya.