Monday, September 24, 2007

Mondays With Mom - Sermon Notes

I would like to share the notes I jotted down in my "Sunday Morning Notebook". If you don't have a "Sunday Morning Notebook" you should get one. It helps you pay attention, stay awake and you can refer back to it on the days when you need a boost. :o) Thank you Pastor Phillips for minding God and giving us the truth.

John 15:5:
5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

- I need to be entirely dependant on God.
- I can't get my strength from anyone else but God.
- Being entirely dependant on God:
brings Deep Restfulness
causes Much fruitfulness - "God, what can I do for you today?"
results in Close Communion - nothing will ever replace close communion with God. God doesn't need a half way commitment.
requires Absolute Surrender- God will take nothing less

God, help me to be ABSOLUTELY SURRENDERED to you. For without You I can do nothing!

Striving for total dependence on God,
~Nate's Mom




4 comments:

Gayle said...

Thanks Michele for sharing your Sunday sermon with us. I don't know what I would do if I did not have God to depend on. He is always there when we need him.
Love Ya,
Mom

Lavy Country said...

Can I leave my Sunday notebook on the shelf where I pick up my Bible in your classroom? AAAAAAAH - somedays I am doing good to get there myself. Great idea about the notes and great thoughts to start us out this week.
Love ya, wl.

Anonymous said...

Wilma,
You can just have a copy of mine. It would be kind of hard to write with the Brookster on your lap!
Love ya friend!

Stephanie said...

Hey, Michele! Love this! Thanks for the encouragement that people are listening to what the preacher preaches! I love the idea of the Sunday notebook...mine hasn't had many entries since Madeline entered our lives, but it's still there in my pew (as you probably well know!)