Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday


Last Thursday while making the yummy Chimichangas with Green Sauce I burned, or is it burnt, my finger. My tip for today is a new burn remedy I found on one of my favorite places on the web, Earth Clinic. I have gotten lots of great natural remedies here that actually work. You will soon learn that Apple Cider Vinegar seems to be the remedy of choice for almost everything and it was one of the listed remedies for burns! Unfortunately I was out of ACV! After about an hour or so of putting ice on my finger and it quickly melting away, I got desperate and went hunting for something else. My mother-in-law suggested mustard as this has helped her many times. Well if you know me you know I cannot stand the smell of mustard and yes, it makes me gag! Mustard was one of the remedies on Earth Clinic but I decided to pass on that one. The next one that caught my eye was egg whites. I quickly remembered that I haven't been to the grocery this week and I was out of eggs! I finally found this little tip, baking Soda and water paste, things I had on hand. I immediately made my paste and applied it to my burn. My sweet hubby wrapped my finger in gauze and in about 10 min. the pain was easing. I left it on there the rest of the evening and woke up the next morning to a pain free hand with no blisters or redness! I love Earth Clinic and hope you find something useful there to cure what ails ya! Check out more "Works For Me Wednesday" at Rocks In My Dryer
~Nate's Mom

4 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

When I was a kid my mom would make a paste of bakingg soda and water for bug bites, and for when we had chicken pox. Stopped the itch instantly!

GeonHui's Bakery said...

Great tip! I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks!
Linds

Lavy Country said...

Yes, I've used this for insect bites especially those that leave behind stingers! It works.

Land of Lovings said...

Great tip! I'm definitely going to have to check out Earth Clinic, too! I am always looking for a cool place with natural/holistic remedies!