Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Flood of 2008

This post was originally planned for my mother and father-in-law but I thought I would share it with all of you too! They are relaxing in the beautiful gulf breezes and sunshine of Florida for two weeks and I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't invite Nate and I to go along! ;o) Just kidding, I'll get my chance this fall. Anyhoo, while they are enjoying themselves we are here suffering The Flood of 2008! The field behind our house has turned into a big pond and is overflowing onto the road. Being the good blogger that I am we put on our boots, raincoats and braved the rain and cold to bring you, my faithful blog readers, the news as it happens! I'm here to serve the people.
~Nate's Mom




The first signs of spring in my mother-in-law's yard.

5 comments:

Tamra said...

Thank you for your area update. Unfortunately, it looks the same here. :(

Holdens said...

Wow isn't this crazy!! I wish the flooding was only outside for us...we woke up this morning to a flooded basement..your faithful reader!!

Gayle said...

Put some sand out there and you could have your own beach! I can't believe Jim and Betty did not invite you:) Believe it or not but it is snowing right now!
Love ya,
Mom

Janie said...

love the "spring" picture. Can't wait!

Ronda said...

You are a hoot!(smile) Thanks for the update! Hey...isn't today the first day of "SPRING"????? yeah!