Friday, February 22, 2008

Frugal Friday


This week's Frugal Friday, hosted by Crystal @ Biblical Womanhood, asks the question, "What simple things have you eliminated from your budget, in order to save money?" Here is my list:


1. Eating out - we have not completly eliminated this but greatly reduced it to once a week, "Meal Plan Monday" has been a huge help.


2. When eating out we drink water with lemon, but after seeing this video clip, I'm not sure I'll be doing that anymore, eeewwww! If you like lemons in your water at restaurants, don't watch this!


3. A long time ago I read somewhere that you can tear dryer sheets in thirds and they work just as well. I love Bounce dryer sheets but they are so expensive. Now I buy a big box at Sam's and tear them in half or thirds and guess what, I haven't noticed a difference, and that box lasts forever!


4. Another great laundry tip that I just remembered, my HOGWASH bar! I love this thing. I literally bought it years ago at a little general store near hear. It is now about half the size but it is like a "Magic Eraser" for stains.


That's my list, hope it helps!


~Nate's Mom


4 comments:

Sonshine said...

Excellent list! Interesting tidbit about the Hogwash bar. I haven't heard about something like that before.

I drink water when we eat out but I don't do lemons. I actually ask them specifically for no lemons. I did that before even seeing the video. :)

Gayle said...

Good tips! I'm glad I don't like lemons! Your dad won't be able to make his lemonade anymore:(

Tamra said...

Eeewwww about the lemons! I thought about germs the last time I had lemon with my water at a restaurant. It came with the Sunkist sticker still attached. I thought then, YUCK - have they not washed this?

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would insert my 2 cents!! DON'T get lemons unless you want to be sick! As a waitress, I see plenty of NASTY things that servers touch and then go and reach for a lemon!! UGH!!! (of course, I use tongs when getting the lemons for my drinks!! LOL!)