Monday, October 22, 2007

Mondays With Mom - Blog Pet Peeve and a Blessing

In light of the controversy started by Martha G. here. I would like to start a new controversy on this blog. But first, a note to Martha G. - I didn't post a comment on your blog Martha, so I am reserving the right to do so here. You are a great mom, I've only met and talked to you a few times but can honestly say you are one of the sweetest people I have met and don't worry about what "anonymous" (who shall forever be known as "annoying us")says. I only have 1 child and continually throw things away. Take a picture first and then get rid of it. I love my dear son but come on people, get a grip! My mom didn't keep much of my stuff and I still love her and think I turned out ok. So there! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest! :o)

Now for the pet peeve and possibly another controversy: While I sit here at my computer, minding my own business, listening online to past or current episodes of Dave or Rush or the occasional Adventures in Odyssey surfing the web and the blogs and then BAM! I can't hear Dave! There is classical music playing overtop of Dave . What's a girl to do! It's just not right! I know all I have to do is click the pause button, but it truly annoys me! Some of my dearest friends and even my own mother have the music on their sites so I guess I will just have to live with it, but what's a blog for, reading up on the happenings of life or listening to music? I can't chew gum and walk at the same time so how do you expect me to listen to music and read about your life at the same time! I vote for NO MORE MUSIC ON THE BLOGS!

Hee Hee! Don't you just love a good controversy!

On to the blessing. Faithful readers of Monday's With Mom will know of my love for Dave Ramsey and our quest for debt freedom. Well, Dave says when you are trying to do what's right, blessings will come your way. Now, do I think life will be peachy keen and a bed of roses and we will become instantly rich for doing what's right? NO! But, God is a good God and he knows what we need and want. When we built our house we did not finish the basement. It was too expensive and we figured we could do that gradually over the years as money allowed. The local lumber yard right down the street from us was having a parking lot sale on Saturday. Long story short, we were able to purchase 244 2x4's, valued at $600 for $60. No that is not a typo and your glasses don't need to be cleaned I said $60. That is enough 2x4's to frame our entire basement and then some! I've said it before and I'll shout it to the rooftops, "GOD IS GOOD!"

Hope you enjoy the silly post, I'm just trying to get traffic to the blog and that you receive encouragement from our blessing.

Keep on Keeping on,
~Nate's Mom

7 comments:

Lavy Country said...

God is good! And music, well, I guess I will refrain from the pickin' and a grinin' that would add to the mood of my Lavy country.
:o)
Love your MWM!

Heather said...

What a cool deal on the lumber!I just put music on my blog because when I went to your mom's blog I thought it was so pretty. Sorry you can blame your mom for mine.LOL I do know what you mean though. I have been listening to things online(Dave)when I have come across music playing. I just kinda read real quick and get moving.8o)

Gayle said...

Ok! For the refrigeratior they say that the things you care about the most will be on your refrigerator. I have just about every family in the church on ours and family and then several drawings from my grandchildren, But if I kept every picture everyone gave me at christmas you would not be able to see my refrigerator so I get rid of some things and replace them with new. As for the music you will have to keep on clicking the button for as of right now I am keeping it! :) So glad you got the wood for your basement God is so good! Now maybe you can get my mother-in-law room done:)
Love Ya,
Mom

Tamra said...

Wow! What a great savings on the lumber! I can just see Randy dancing a jig when he found that huge deal! So now you guys have a new project on your hands, huh? :)

Rob and Deanna said...

I read the comments on Martha's blog. SOunds like a hurting LAdy that wants to be a mother & thinks that lashing out at other mothers will heal her hurts. The Love of GOd will only fill the void in her heart, but since she doesn't know that she thinks that letting her bitterness flow out of her she will get some satisfaction. However, my guess is that it just makes her hurt more & makes her more bitter. Sorry for the long exhortation. :-) I have been sitting here thinking on the comments & wanted to respond, but don't want to respond on Martha's blog because it might not come across right to "anonymous".
I agree that music frustrates me sometimes too, especially when I have my speaker turned on loud & don't know it & the stuff comes blaring out AND my kids are usually trying to sleep or take naps when I check blogs. :-)

The Dickinsons said...

So glad that God gave y'all such a good deal on that lumber!

I sort of agree with you on the music thing. Although I think that the music is pretty (most of the time)...My girls are almost always listening to Odessy or something like that, so when I go to a blog that has music, my girls say, "Mommy, please turn off the music, and don't go to blogs that have music, for we are trying to listen to our story. =)"

Love, Heather =)

Janella said...

I was just visiting your mom's blog and said "Oh, I love that song" if I like the song it's OK but usually music is annoying:)