Thursday, January 15, 2009

God Speed Mr. President


Tonight, with a tear in my eye and a sadness in my heart, I watched President Bush give his farewell speech. I felt like I was saying good bye to a friend. I have not agreed with every decision he has made but despite what others may think I believe he is a great man who has done what he thought best for our country. I twice had the privilege to shake his hand and to look him in the eye and tell him that I was praying for him. What I sensed on those 2 days was a man who loved God, his country and the people he served. I wonder what wonderful things he could have accomplished if he had not been beaten down by the main stream media and those on the liberal left who fought him on every turn. I don't know what history will say about President George W. Bush, but he will forever hold a place in my heart as a man who served our country to the best of his ability. Thank you President Bush for all you have done to keep us safe since 9/11/01 and for serving the United States of America. May God bless you!

~Nate's Mom

5 comments:

Gayle said...

What a wonderful post! He is a true American and I believe we are safe and have the freedom we have today because of him. He did not give in to the liberals or the media.

Ronda said...

Thanks, Michelle...My heart echoes your sentiments! President Bush is a great American and I feel that my children have been blessed to live with him as president!

sankey family said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Michele - very well said!

Love and miss you guys!

Your Penn Palz : said...

i couldn't have put it any better! i also watched him today, as he was introduced one last time to the American people and heard them say that he was a Bible believing President. (One of few so far.) They mentioned how he had turned to God with his problems and questions, EVERY DAY, throughout his Presidency. i was brought to tears hearing this and PRAYING that we would be able to say this about every future President in our country. oh, that God would be so kind, as to bless America once again... and our children who follow!!!
love ya'll... XO

Holdens said...

What a great post! I totally agree and you my friend are a "great American!"