Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008, Prayer Request & Black Friday

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year. I hope you all had a special day with your families and friends. We sure did and we ate entirely too much food. Someone said a typical Thanksgiving meal has 3,000 -5,000 calories, Weight Watchers here we come! My favorite comment of the day was from my nephew Alex. Someone commented that the food was wonderful and Alex said, "This is more than wonderful, it's GLORIOUS!" That made all the work worth while.

Our little group of 5 turned into a great group of 14! Randy's Mom & Dad, his sister Kim and her family, Randy's Uncle Tim & Aunt Debra and my parents joined us for the festivities. My mom and I had so much fun fixing dinner for everyone. She is the best and I couldn't have done it without her!

Randy's Grandma Hatfield fell earlier in the week and had to have hip surgery this morning. She came through the surgery well but Pray that God will give her the strength she needs to recuperate.

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to reflect on God's blessings. God has been so close to me this past year and I want to thank Him for His faithfulness. Life isn't always easy, in fact most of the time it's not easy, but I'm so glad we have God to help us through the tough times. Isn't God good!

My nephew Alex and my dad Carl

My wonderful mom, Gayle

The table is set


The gang's all here: Gayle, Kim, Katie, Nate, Deron, Jim, Randy,

Carl, Tim, Alex, Courtney, Debra, Betty

The cast of characters:




Corn

Mashed Potatoes

My mom's Famous Stuffing

Turkey

Cranberry Pineapple Minis


And we finished the day with my grandma's famous pumpkin pie

and New York Cheesecake


Nate, Gayle, Carl, Randy & Michele


Thanksgiving isn't complete without the Black Friday shopping. Randy and I didn't get up at 4am this year but we did take advantage of a great Door Buster Sale at Sears. Meet our new washer and dryer, YIPEE:



~Nate's Mom

6 comments:

Tamra said...

You had a crowd! The meal sounds and looks delicious.
Yay for the new washer and dryer!

Gayle said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us. It was so nice to be with Randy's family we always enjoy talking to them. Kim and Deron have a beautiful family.

Heather said...

I am sooooooo jelous! I love the washer and dryer! Now I know where to go when I need to wash my down coat. 8o)

Holdens said...

The table was beautiful! It looked delicious. Thanks for the invite...too bad we couldn't have been two places at once.

Courtney Fourman said...

It was great being with ya'll... Thanks again for the wonderful & delicious meal!!!!!
~Court

Rob and Deanna said...

Table & Meal is Gorgeous! Is that asparagus wrapped in bacon? Looks Delicious!