Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Yummy Treat!

Their's
and
Mine

My friend Diana Loper brought these tasty treats to a church picnic. I couldn't stop eating them because they tasted so much like the Kandy Kakes from my childhood in Pennsylvania. I had to have the recipe and Diana was gracious to share it with me. I made them this evening and will have to send the majority of them to work with Randy, otherwise I'll eat the whole pan!

Tastycakes
2 T melted butter
2 T oil
1 3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs - add 1 at a time
1 cup milk
1 t vanilla
1 t baking powder
2 cups flour
1 cup Peanut Butter
12 oz bag milk chocolate chips

1. Mix all but peanut butter and chips in order given. Put in greased jelly roll pan. Bake about 15 - 20 min @ 350. Don't bake too long and don't let the top brown.

2. Spread 1 cup peanut butter on hot cake - let cool.

3. Spread 12 oz milk chocolate chips (melted) on top refrigerate.

6 comments:

Gayle said...

They look sooooooooooo Good!
I love tandy cakes! I wish we could get them .

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for sharing! I love Tasty Cakes! I always had a pack in my lunch when I was in elementary school. I'll have to try this receipe!!

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for sharing. Tasty Cakes bring back lots of memories. They were always my treat in my lunch as an elementary student. In fact, when we visit my parents in PA, we always request some. Can't wait to try the receipe.

Rob and Deanna said...

Re: Auction
Check this out it might make you feel better.
http://home-decor.hsn.com/howard-miller-paulina-wall-clock_pf-1036126_xp.aspx?club_id=1036126&sz=665&sf=HD0145&rdr=1&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-Froogle-_-Home%20Decor-_-Howard%20Miller%20Paulina%20Wall%20Clock%204079618&cawelaid=144035643

:-)LOL

Michele said...

Deanna,
Guess you get to deduct $30 from your taxes! LOL It was all for a good cause. :o)

Ronda said...

It was nice to hear from you! :) Hope that you all are doing well! Your "Tasty Cakes" recipe looks delicious...I'll have to try it...Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!