Thursday, October 2, 2008

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I am so aggravated with the new $700,000,000,000 bill that passed through the senate last night and I just called my congressman to let him know! Congress is voting again tomorrow evening. Have you taken the time to read any of this? It's 451 pages and here are some of what we are paying for, oh and by the way, it's not $700,000,000,000 anymore it's more like $850,000,000,000!!! You can check it out here.

$10 million for Small Budget Film and TV producers
$6 million for toy manufactures making wooden arrows
Money for Wool Research
$128 million to the Auto Racing Industry
$3.5 billion for Health Insurance to pay for Mental Illness
$192 million to Puerto Rican Land Rum Producers UNBELIEVABLE!

I am very disappointed in John McCain for voting for this, I hope it doesn't hurt his campaign! We need to work hard people! PRAY PRAY PRAY and then get on the phone and call your congressman, you can find out who he or she is here www.house.gov

~Nate's Mom

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I heard Glenn Beck talking about this today. This is insane! I cannot understand why McCain is voting for this. I also heard that Obamas camp had bus loads of college kids yesterday taking them to vote. Some were saying that they voted 6 times. This is so corrupt! Well enough of my ranting .I love the look of your Blog.

Aimee said...

I agree with you overall...except this: according to that list, they are spending the most on health insurance for mental illness. I say "It's About Time!" Those who deal with this and yet cannot get insurance to cover often have massive financial strain added to their already overwhelming difficulties. Just thought I'd throw my opinion in. =) =) Hope that's okay!

Michele said...

Aimee,
Of course you can throw in your opinion! What would this world be like if we didn't have opinions! ;o)