Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 4th of July


This year we will celebrate our country's independence by working! We will leave tomorrow evening and head north to our church camp to start the construction on our cabin! Thanks to Dave Ramsey and a lot of sacrifice we are finally able to afford this little luxury. Camp will be spent in the comfort of our own cabin! WOOHOO! Craig's list has been searched and deals have been found and made! We are all very excited. Pictures of the progress will be posted when we return.

Until then I thought you might like to whip up this yummy cake! I found it at The Pioneer Woman Cooks last year and took it to a 4th of July picnic. It is delicious and will earn you lots of oooohs and aaaaahs! HAPPY 4th to you all!!! Don't forget to stop and thank God for our wonderful country. Now head on over to The Pioneer Woman Cooks and make that cake, you won't be sorry! 6 1/4 sticks of butter, 6 eggs, 1 1/2 lbs. of cream cheese and a pound of confectioners sugar, you might be sorry if you eat the whole thing but it's a huge cake so spread the love around!

~Nate's Mom

5 comments:

Regi said...

looks very yummy!

Gayle said...

Looks Yummy! If anyone is reading this comment and is going to our church campout and picnic this week I am making this cake just to let you know :) We never have 2 of the same thing but I am just warning you all!:)

The Millard Family said...

yum, yum!! I've already made my Texas Sheet Cake, but I'm tempted to make more!

I'm so glad for your cabin. You will love that, I know!

Ronda said...

Very pretty cake! How neat that you now will have your own little cabin for camp...I am happy for you! Way to go!

Becky said...

That will be so nice to have a cabin. We are going to go a little early at youth camp and do some work in our room. Your flowers are very pretty!