Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mexican Chicken Casserole


Deanna asked me for this recipe so I thought I would share it with the world. I can't take credit for this one. My good friend Sarah is a fantastic cook and a wonderful hostess and we've had this delicious dish at her house on a few occasions, she as usual, was happy to give the recipe to me. It is quick, easy and tastes great too!

Mexican Chicken Casserole

16oz sour cream
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 or 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes (depends how spicy you like things)
6 large flour tortillas
5 or 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 cups cheddar cheese

Boil chicken in salt water 20min. or until done, shred.
Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 9x13 dish with Pam.
Mix sour cream, soups, tomatoes and chicken, cook until heated.
Rip 2 tortillas and place on bottom of dish, add part of the chicken mixture & top with cheese.
Continue layers 2 more times.
Bake for 30 -40 min.

~Nate's Mom
Boil Chicken in salt water

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Thanks to you, I now know what I'm cooking for dinner! =) (My "cook," a.k.a. Chad, is sick so I am doing his job)

Ronda said...

Sounds SOOOOOO yummy...might have to try that! Thanks for sharing! Loved the beach view...wish I was there!

Rob and Deanna said...

Thanks, Michele! I am trying to lose some weight so I will probably "weight" a few weeks before I try this. :-)

Gayle said...

That sounds luscious!

Holdens said...

you are too funny..

Tucker's Family said...

Hi Michele. I've been 'lurking' around your blog for quite awhile. I was impressed with your CVS-ing Savings....and of course I love to see pics of you, Randy and Nate. I told my daughter-in-law, Sara, about your blog...so now she might be 'lurking' and getting inspired!!

Looks like you are a great wife, mother and homemaker!! Can GBS Home Ec. class take any credit? HA

Sherilyn (Marshall)

Janie said...

Mmmmmmmm...Looks delish! I'll have to add that to my list of things to make along with the strawberry dessert you had Sunday!