Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Pie and A Vote


Today was the day I got to cast my vote. I'll tell you it's been a roller coaster ride of emotions. What's a girl to do? On one hand you have people saying vote this way because he's the only one that has a chance and on the other hand you have those that say vote the opposite party so a certain candidate will win and that is the candidate we have a chance at beating. I think that was a run on sentence! Anyway, I went against conventional wisdom and voted for who I wanted to vote for in the beginning, the candidate that I believed in, and I'm happy with my vote. Yes, Mitt suspended his campaign and yes in all likelihood he won't get the nomination, but at this point in the process it was important for me to vote for who I wanted to vote for while I had the chance, come November I may not have that chance. Voting is such a great feeling. I'll wear my little, "I Voted Today" sticker all day! And what better way to celebrate this momentous occasion than with a pie. My first real pie. I've made chicken pot pie before, but that doesn't count because it doesn't have to be pretty. Lemon Meringue Pie with brown sugar meringue was the choice for today. Of course the recipe came from my new "Cuisine at Home" magazine and I am pleased with the results! The crust could be better but it's not bad for a gal who has a mental block when it comes to pie crust. They never work out the way I think they should! If you live in one of the primary states that are voting today, go vote and then get out your apron and make a pie, it will cure what ails ya!

~Nate's Mom

7 comments:

Dixie said...

What a terrific looking pie! A great looking meringue is a notable achievement. You did an amazing job for a first pie. It is a pie that looks like you have been baking pies for a long time.

Dixie

Betty said...

Congratulatiosn to my daughter-in-law's great pie baking day!! She is a "keeper". I will vote, but not sure about the pie. maybe muffins!!

Gayle said...

Looks wonderful! I wish I was Near buy to have a taste:)

Stephanie said...

Is that pie for real?!?!?! I am reaching through the computer to take a big, huge bite!!!!!!! Bite, no, let's make that a big huge piece!

Ronda said...

My goodness girl...You are a cookin' queen! That pie looks both beautiful AND delicious! Wish I could taste a bite! Impressive!

Heather said...

Wow! Next time you make a pie like that call me.We'll have pie and a cup of hot tea.Check out my gourmet menu for the week.LOL

krisanddrew said...

the pie looks so good, and I don't even like pie