Monday, February 4, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


This is the first time I have joined Organizing Junkie in her Menu Plan Monday. I have never had a menu and stuck with it. I hate shopping and especially grocery shopping. I will put it off for days and days feeding my family whatever I can scrounge up in the freezer or pantry or begging hubby to stop on the way home for Chinese. This is definitely not a good plan when trying to stick to a grocery budget. So, I'm turning over a new leaf. Here's what we will be enjoying at Nate's house this week:

Monday - French Onion Salisbury Steak - Cuisine At Home
Tuesday - Crusted Chicken Salad - Cuisine At Home
Wednesday - Simply Lasagna - Kraft Food and Family
Thursday - Fluffy French Toast with Cinnamon Syrup and Sausage
Friday - Vegetable Soup
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Dinner with the inlaws (She's the best)

Well I'm off to the grocery store at some point today! If you don't hear from me in the next day or so send the troops to Aldi's, Kroger, WalMart or Sam's, I've most likely keeled over in an aisle somewhere from the stress of it all!

~Nate's Mom

10 comments:

Betty said...

Such an organized daughter in law. I must take lessons!!

Nancy said...

Your menu sounds yummy. Stick with the menu planning; it gets easier and you and your family will be glad you did it!

Rob and Deanna said...

YOu do such a Great job I think explaining the candidates. I am very frustrated with some blogs I'm reading from people at PVBI, so I have been forwarding your site to them & hoping they will read it with an open mind. :-)They are hung up on the abortion issue which I don't understand, because how many of us have changed our minds about issues when we see the truth, in the last 10-15 years?! Why is that so hard to accept, especially when he has proved he has changed! O.K. enough ranting! ;-) By the way I couldn't find the recipe for the Salisbury Steak? Thought maybe I would try it this evening too. :-)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Hope your first week with menu planning goes well. Last week was my 1st week to really stick to it--somehow I felt like MPM held me accountable:) Your menus look really great, too!

Carrie said...

Mmmmm! Breakfast for dinner! That's such a great idea!@ I've got to do that sometime soon!!

Sarah said...

Looks like a great menu! I've been menu planning for about two or three months and have found it really useful - good luck to you!

Best,
Sarah

DEHausfrau said...

MPM is an awesome way to avoid C.O.R.N. (Clean Out the Refrigerator Night - Not my acronym, but I love it) every night. Very sensible adding a guarenteed leftover day to your menu.

Thanks for sharing and have a great week... my menu is up here.

Ronda said...

It all sounds delicious! I am impressed!

Sonshine said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! Your menu sounds yummy!

I have found menus to help with my grocery shopping and the budget because I can stick to my list and then don't spend over my budget cause I am following the list. :)

Heather said...

YOU ARE SO FUNNY! I THINK IF WE ALL POSTED OUR MENU PLANS WE COULD GET ALOT OF NEW IDEAS. I AM OFF TO POST MINE.