Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Friend!


Wilma,

Today is your birthday! I'm so glad God brought you into my life. If I could have chosen a sister I would have picked you! You are my best friend. When I go back through my life, from High School on, your were there. Senior Trip was a blast! We were so silly back then. You were there on my wedding day, thanks for standing by my side. You were there when I was going through the hard times of miscarriage, even coming to the hospital and holding my hand while they poked me with needles. You came to the hospital with me when Nate had pneumonia, explaining everthing they were saying and being my right hand. You've been there so many times I've lost count, on family vacations, camping, Gatlinburg and Florida. Thank you for all those long talks on the beach! Thank you for letting me bend your ear when I'm going through hard times. Thank you for making me laugh! Thank you for praying for me and with me! You are a true friend and I don't ever want to take you for granted. We've had our rough times and times of disagreement. You're a Huckachick and I'm a Mitten, but we never let that get in the way! ;o) Looks like we're both going to lose that battle. :o( Well before I start crying all over the keyboard let me end by saying, I thank God for this friendship he has blessed us with! Happy Birthday Wilma!


~Nate's Mom

P.S. You are now oficially older than me for 8 more months! :o)

3 comments:

Lavy Country said...

I am speechless! That doesn't happen very often. You're the best - I wouldn't have it any other way. I thank God for you, too. And, to think I got on here to let you know I deleted your comment for you - you're getting more like me over time. It made me laugh :o) I treasure all our memories. Love you. Thank you so much for the Birthday wish and all the kind words - I don't deserve it.

Connie Lavy said...

I'm glad that you and Wilma are such good friends. Good friends are sometimes hard to find, but the best of friends stick with you when the times are rough. I am fortunate to have such good daughters-in-law and Wilma is one of them.
Happy Birthday Wilma

Ronda said...

Wow...What a touching tribute to your best friend...how nice! Good friends are invaluable and are such a blessing from God!