Monday, November 5, 2007

Mondays With Mom

Why didn't someone warn me? When did it happen people? I can't believe it's true! Only 49 days until Christmas! 49 days to get the list together. 49 days to figure out what to buy the only child who has everything he needs and then some. 49 days to prepare for the not one, not two, but 5 Christmas celebrations with family. Only 22 or 23 days to get the boxes of white lights figured out. Which ones work? Which ones don't? Will half of them go out, right in the middle, just days after the tree is perfectly decorated (this happened one year and no I did not take them off, we will not talk about this)! The cards need to be bought, signed, addressed and sent. The cookies need to be baked. A sheep costume has to be made for the only child. Now please don't write me off, I love Christmas! I love dwelling on the fact that Jesus Christ left his heavenly home to come and die for me. AMAZING! I love Christmas Communion in the quiet of our church on the Wednesday before Christmas. I love spending time with family and I LOVE the food! It's just the craziness of Christmas I hate. The shoppers fighting over the latest, greatest toy. The stress of finding the perfect gift. Will the madness never end? One of these days I am leaving the hustle and bustle behind, taking my little family of 3, getting on an airplane and spending Christmas on the BEACH! Nothing sounds better to me than enjoying the Holidays sitting on my beach chair, my toes in the white sand. Listening to Christmas Carols on my mp3 player while watching the dolphins play in the Gulf of Mexico. One of these days it will happen. We will spend Christmas on the beach and I can't wait! Until then the words to a great Christmas tune:

Christmas Island - Jimmy Buffett

Let's get away from sleigh bells, let's get away from snow

Let's make a break some Christmas, Dear, I know the place to go

How'd ya like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island?

How'd ya like to spend the holiday away across the sea?

How'd ya like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island?

How'd ya like to hang a stocking on a great big coconut tree?

How'd ya like to stay up late, like the islanders do?

Wait for Santa to sail in with your presents in a canoe.

If you ever spend Christmas on Christmas Island

You will never stray for everyday Your Christmas dreams come true.

Waiting for my dreams to come true,
~Nate's Mom

The Perfect Christmas Card


4 comments:

Tamra said...

I didn't need that reminder today! LOL! Hope your dreams do come true - sooner rather than later!

Gayle said...

I can't believe it either! I love Christmas but as far as spending it on the beach I'm not sure about that:) Somehow I just can't put coconut trees and a Christmas tree in the same place just doesn't seem right. I would love to have about 20 inches of snow and sitting around a nice fire. We were in Lake Placid one year for NewYears Vacation and it snowed 22 inches it was awesome! Just get the only child a pair of hunting boots and he will be happy:)
Love ya!

Aimee said...

Love the picture! =) Good post

Aimee said...

Love the picture! =) Good post