Monday, November 12, 2007

MMMMondays With Mom


To those of you who faithfully check this blog on Mondays for my mindless musings, sorry so late. I was in the baking zone today and you know me, I can't be creating wonderful words of wisdom and masterpieces in the kitchen all at once. This is my first attempt at bread not made in the bread machine. If I do say so myself, MMM MMM good! I got the recipe from here, and with her tips, it came out just perfect. I can't wait to toast a slice for breakfast tomorrow. So, get off the treadmill, come in from the gym, hang up your running shoes, go grab the Kitchen Aid, and make yourself some Cinnamon Swirl Bread. It's almost Thanksgiving, eat up! You can walk it off in January. :o)
~Nate's Mom

9 comments:

Lavy Country said...

That looks great -- but HELLOOOO! Is this your way of side tracking me? I'm on a mission. And we have a 5 miler coming up, but guess one little piece wouldn't hurt.... I love cinnamon bread!

Michele said...

Not trying to side track you just trying to make myself feel better about the not 1 but 2 slices I ate yesterday. ;o) I did walk 1.5 miles so hopefully that makes it better.
Michele

Gayle said...

Wow! Did you change your name to Michele Stewart? There better be some of this when we spend the night for Thanksgiving!
Love Ya:)

Tamra said...

You are so funny, Michele. That looks yummy and pretty at the same time! I just might have to try my hand at making it. I made two loaves of Friendship bread from your starter - yum, yum, yum!! I used chocolate pudding (it's all I had) and it turned out great. Now, I'm trying to get rid of some of my starters. Know of anyone who would like one?

Tamra said...

P.S. What would we do without those Kitchen Aid mixers???

Michele said...

You all should really try this! It just melts in your mouth when tosted.

Mom- The last time I checked I had the best teacher of all and her name wasn't Martha it was Gayle!

Tamra - MMMM chocolate pudding in the friendship bread, I'm going to try that. The Kitchen Aid - the most used Christmas present ever!

~Nate's Mom

Michele said...

ooops a typo, toasted not tosted!
~Nate's Mom

Gayle said...

Thanks! But you have been doing alot more cooking than I have been doing lately:) Ever since I discoverd Bon Bonnerie,Costco and Sams I have deserted my kitchen:)

Gayle said...

OH WHERE OH WHERE IS BUSY NATE?