Monday, October 15, 2007

Mondays With Mom - Thank God for Great Friends


Randy and I spent a fun - filled weekend in Gatlinburg with 22 of the best friends we have! It truly amazed me how 24 people could stay under one roof and there was no bickering or fighting. We all got along, endured some good-natured practical jokes and grew closer together in the Lord. We started each day with devotions and prayer and the theme seemed to be God's promises and how blessed we are to have each other. We hiked and biked, ate and shopped, we laughed and cried (from laughing so hard). There was horseback, helicopter and go-cart rides for some. I am refreshed in my spirit from a time of rest and ready, with God's help, to face the world! So here's to you - Wayne and Wilma, Shane and Tamra, Mark and Sarah, Kris and Drew, Mark and Sherri, Steve and Buffy, Jonathon and Stephanie, Brad and Lisa, Paul and Sarah, Brian and Janella and Katie and Duane - we are blessed to be able to call each and every one of you friend!

In the words of Larry the Cucumber, "I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob!"

~Nate's Mom
P.S. This weekend couldn't have happened without all the great Grandmas, Grandpas and other family that kept the kids so we could relax. Thank you Mom, Jim and Betty, Jerry and Gloria, Bro. and Sis. Lemon, Merl and Bev, Steve and Rebecca, Diana, Merrill and Connie, Bro. and Sis. Shuman, Bob and Janet, Amanda, Buffy's parents, Travis and Sarah,Kelly, Heather and Jennifer . You all deserve a medal! :o)

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Hi, Michelle! Sounds like ya'll had an awesome time! How wonderful that you all are good friends and were able to spend a couple-weekend together! That sounds so nice! Hope that your little family is doing well...Tell everyone we said "Hello"!

Gayle said...

Glad you had a great time! We always enjoy keeping Nate and we had a wonderful time staying at your house.
Love ya,
Mom

Lavy Country said...

My thoughts exactly - Larry!
Love ya friend.

Janella said...

I guess Larry summed it up very well:) Love, janella

Tamra said...

What a fun time! Thanks again for putting this together.

krisanddrew said...

Michele,

Thank you again. I can't tell you how much fun that was for me. looking forward to doing it again.

krisanddrew said...

Michele,

Thank you again. I can't tell you how much fun that was for me. looking forward to doing it again.

Katie and the boys said...

Nate!

Thanks for letting us borrow your parents for the weekend!!! You have cool parents!! They were great roomys!!! I am sooooooo glad they don't snore!! Tell you mom, Yes we will have to get Mark back!!!
Thanks for the invite we had a blast!!