Monday, May 28, 2007

Florida Report

We are home from a great week at the beach. This was my 9th year at Indian Rocks Beach and it was so fun. Wayne, Wilma, Brooklyn and Lauryn go with us and we have a blast! Here is a run down of our week and then you can check out the photo album.

Left Friday morning at 5:45am.

Ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Lexington.

My dad got sick in Atlanta, GA. Had to pull off the highway in the middle of a traffic jam for him to find a bathroom.

Mom drove the rest of the way and after many stops for my poor, sick dad we arrived in Tifton, GA 15 hours later! (Sorry dad for giving you the stomach flu)

Left GA at 9am Saturday and arrived to our destination around 2:30pm

Our days at the beach are all the same - Up whenever you feel like it, walk to the donut shop or my mom makes her famous waffles, hang out on the beach until lunch, hang out at the pool until supper

We ate at PJ's, Crabby Bills, The Friendly Fisherman and our new favorite place, The Salt Rock Grill.

One night we played mini - golf and that was fun. My mom and I didn't do to well, she came in last in the adult category and I was last in the kids!


Lauryn and I went golfing with our dads one day. I think my dad won. :o)

After a week filled with rest and relaxation we sadly left our "heaven on earth" Sat. morning at 6am. 15 hours later we were home.

We have to thank the Lord for getting us there and bringing us home safely. For helping my dad's sickness to only last 1 day and that our friends didn't catch the bug. Thank the Lord for wonderful friends to travel with and that help make our vacation be filled with great memories.

My mom's family always read Psalm 121 before big trips and now we do that too. Check out the "Traveler's Psalm" and maybe you can make it a part of your family tradition!


Hope you enjoyed the report and the pictures.

~~Nate and Mom too. :o)


Florida 2007

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Those Waffles look better than pancake pantry:) You are right Nate you have the best Mom and Dad in the world!
Love,
Grammy E
PS : Just remember me next time:)

Lavy Country said...

Oh, Nate it was soooo fun! Brooklyn and I enjoyed your pics. You should have heard her jabbering as she saw you guys and the ocean. Nice pics! And I have to agree your mom and dad are pretty cool.
Love, wl.

Anonymous said...

Nate,
Your pictures are awesome. I love the family picture! And the one of you jumping through the tube at the pool! Looks like tons of fun!
Love,
Aunt Janie

Tamra said...

Enjoyed the pics! I think it's about time we go back to Indian Rock. They didn't have the donut shop or the Salt Rock Grill when we visited! :) Looks like you guys had a great time.

Connie Lavy said...

Enjoyed your pictures Nate. I'm glad you had such a great time. Happy fun memories for a lifetime!

Janella said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Makes me really ready!!!! It's beautiful. Show us a pic of the barn when its done. Love, Janella